Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Nursery Reveal!

So...I promised I'd return with an update about our nursery for those that are interested.


This is one side of the room. I made the name bunting on the crib myself. The tree is vinyl, and the walls are gray (a bit lighter than they appear in this picture.) We are going for a modern forest theme. 


The animal art above the crib is from Etsy. We're keeping her name secret for now! I also need to add the crib bumpers and a mobile to the crib, but we haven't gotten them yet.



The changing table here next to the crib has a chalkboard above it that I made myself. Her name is written at the top, and I will be updating the chalkboard each month with stats about her. I got the idea from my BBB over at Where the Wild Things Learn. 



These are the built in shelves that were already in the room. We figured they'd be great for diaper and other supply storage for now. 


This is the other side of the room. Obviously we still need a diaper pail, a clothes hamper, etc. But most of the decorating is done! 


I'm really proud of this frame that I made from scratch! The art inside can be changed out with the mini-clothespins. I made the artwork inside myself as well! 


I have been doing stained glass as a hobby now for a couple months, and I made these two stained glass suncatchers for the nursery. I drew the designs myself too!

I made these little felt animals for the room myself, and my wife and I made the terrarium together. 

It's hard to believe that there are only 2 months to go until we get to meet our daughter. There's a TON left to do, but at least she has a pretty room to sleep in! 

:)

9 comments:

  1. You put so much love in this room. Your baby girl is going to be so fortunate to have the two of you as parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick, the room looks wonderful. So much creativity and love went into making this room special for your baby girl! I'm so happy for you and I can't wait for you to reveal her name!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so so awesome! I have three boys so I'm drooling over the precious baby girl stuff! :) erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks wonderful! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has to be the most beautiful nursery I've ever seen. I can also see all the LOVE that went into making it. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The love and excitement you have completely shines through! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks adorable! A lot of the nurseries I stumble upon almost have the exact same theme going on; blue for boys and pink for girls. I think it's great that you decided to do things differently. Plus, I love how earthy that nursery looks. Thanks for sharing, Nick! All the best to you and your family! :)

    Essie Reed @ Valley Home Improvement

    ReplyDelete

  9. I am sure this paragraph has touched all the internet people, its
    really really fastidious post on building up new weblog.
    best best travel tripods

    ReplyDelete

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips